Coronavirus (Covid-19) operational policy from Ridelines.
In view of the recent announcement by The Scottish Government, regarding public gatherings, precautionary measures and “social distancing” to slow the spread of The Coronavirus that leads to the the illness “Covid-19” Below is a statement on how Ridelines will proceed with the information we have.
For now, our scheduled courses will go ahead.
Having taken and understood the advice on maximum numbers of recommended participants, realistic precautionary measures and our own ethical approach to the current situation regarding Covid-19. The risk of these courses contributing to the ongoing spread of the virus are minimal if precautions are taken. Precautions we are taking and would like our clients to observe are as follows.
- We will not shake hands on arrival or departure. Even with gloves and PPE.
- Some learning requires physical interactions. We will look to minimise or eliminate these interactions wherever possible.
- All Ridelines online orders have our course info packs and medical participation forms attached to your order confirmation email. You should fill these in online and email them to us to avoid the use of transmission through using pens and passing paper. You will need adobe PDF reader or an alternative to do this. You can also fill it our with a pen, take a picture and email this to us.
- Your instructor will carry hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial spray should you need to use it.
- We will not start or finish courses in confined environments. (cafe’s and shops)
- Enduro Prep courses will not include the uplift service until further notice.
Our courses have a very small likelihood of making a contribution to the spreading of Covid-19. There are a maximum of 6 people on each course plus your instructor. However or courses can be physically demanding, perhaps resulting in heavy breathing, coughing, increased saliva as well as exposure to pollen and environmental factors that can cause sneezing.
Specific to our “Kids Camp” products.
For now, Kids Camps will go ahead. Any decision on Kids Camp schedules will be announced via our Facebook page and via email to individual customers. Any decision will be based on the best information we have specific to the types of gatherings, age groups and associated risks involved.
As per our T&C’s, in the event of the cancellation of Kids Camp, customers will be offered a future slot in Summer, October or next Easter.
Alternatively a credit note for or towards a Ridelines product of the original purchase price will be issued. Ridelines consider the appearance of the Coronavirus and it’s impact on businesses like ours as “force majeure” therefore no refunds will be given.
You can help too.
Importantly, if you are suffering from the common symptoms of Covid-19 please do not attend the courses. You can find common symptoms here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ Arriving at a course with even a suspicion of symptoms is grossly irresponsible and may expose other, vulnerable individuals to infection.
From today, we will send out emails to private clients on the run-up to your appointment regarding and changes to the above or to the situation in general.
Our cancellation and refund policy remains unchanged. You can view our T&C’s here.
Please get in touch if you have any questions regarding the above. We wish everyone well in whatever challenges they face in what is becoming an increasingly difficult time for us all. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Ridelines team.