We recommend that you read the following terms before booking with RIDELINES Ltd. By booking, you accept that you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
We aim to treat everybody fairly. By placing a booking, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us. In the following conditions ‘we’ are the company RIDELINES Ltd and ‘you’ are the person booking an activity.
1. BOOKING –When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept, and do accept, on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our booking confirmation email and a deposit or full payment is made. One person may accept the booking conditions on behalf of a group. We will confirm your booking by email. The contract is governed by Scottish law.
2. DEPOSIT – We require a deposit of £50 per person to book a non corporate activity with RIDELINES Ltd. If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the activity commencement date, full payment must be made at time of booking. For corporate bookings we require a 25% deposit of the total amount agreed based on confirmed numbers quoted and provisionally booked. See term condition 6. ‘CANCELLATION BY YOU’ for details of cancellation terms.
3. PAYMENT – The balance of the activity cost must be received 8 weeks prior to commencement. Reminders will not necessarily be sent. If the full balance is not received 8 weeks prior to the activity commencement, you will be deemed to have cancelled your activity and cancellation terms will apply. Please be aware that if you are booking within two weeks of your intended activity, payment methods may be restricted. You will be invoiced in pounds sterling.
4. MINIMUM NUMBERS – The minimum number of participants in a scheduled group course is 2. We will accept bookings for less than 2 participants. However, if the minimum number of participants is not reached within 2 weeks of the course commencement, we reserve the right to cancel the course. We will not be liable for any extra costs incurred with respect to your attendance of your course. If minimum numbers are not reached we will either a) refund the full cost of your course b) provide an equal or better course on a different date c) amend your course with your agreement or d) agree a different course (which may incur further charges depending on published prices).
5. PAYMENT PROTECTION – We guarantee not to increase the cost of the activity once a booking has been received. You have up to 28 days after completion of the activity to lodge any complaint concerning the activity. We have a further 28 days to respond to your complaint.
6. CANCELLATION BY YOU – We will always endeavour to accommodate any changes to your activity that you require but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so. Any cancellation by you with less than 14 days to go before your session, you will be offered an alternative date at our digression. Any cancellation by you with 7 days or less to go before the date of your session will result in you losing the full purchase price of that session.
For corporate and custom large group experiences we require 8 weeks notice of cancellation. Any cancellation inside this range of notice will result in the loss of any deposit and amounting to the full purchase price of your session.
7. CANCELLATION BY US – We will always endeavor to avoid cancellation of an activity. In the event of any exceptional circumstances beyond our control, we may have to cancel your activity. Any cancellation by us will result in a full refund to yourself, or transfer to another suitable activity. We cannot be held liable for any other expenses you might incur as a result of us cancelling your activity. Force majeure: This means a cause beyond our control such as terrorist activity, extreme weather events, disease, environmental considerations, restrictions to access essential personnel or instruction to cease activity by the government or local authority. In circumstances such as the above a credit note with a 1 year expiry date will be issued.
We will not refund, nor will we pay compensation, if we have to cancel or change your travel and/or accommodation arrangements in any way because of war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, disease, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may amount to force majeure.
7.1 COVID-19 ADDENDUM – For orders placed on or after July 1st 2020 we will ring fence your course cost until your product has been delivered. From July 1st 2020 if your course is cancelled due to circumstances viewed by Ridelines carry the risk of potentially causing infection or similarly, political or stakeholder intervention outside our control that can be traced to being caused by Covid-19. We will offer a new course date or refund your course cost.
The above addendum does not affect Ridelines normal cancellation policy.
8. CHANGES TO THE ACTIVITY BY YOU – We will always endeavor to accommodate any changes to your activity that you require. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so. Any request for changes must be made in writing from the person who made the booking. You may be required to pay an administration charge, plus any further costs incurred, in accommodating this alteration. You should be aware that a change of date of travel may constitute cancellation of your activity as dealt with in clause 6. Any alterations to your activity made after departure may result in additional charges to cover costs incurred. If you do not use any part of the services covered by your booking, you will not be entitled to reimbursement.
9. CHANGES TO THE ACTIVITY BY US – There is always the need to be flexible in an activity. We will always endeavor to fulfill our itinerary. However, our itinerary and overall goal of our activity should be taken as an aim and not a contractual obligation. However we will endeavor to ensure that your activity is not devalued. We will not devalue or change the theme of an activity. We will always endeavor to keep you informed of any changes to your activity.
10 UNCONNECTED THIRD PARTIES – We cannot be held liable for any damages, losses or inconveniences arising due to events involving travel, accommodation or any other third party arrangements you have made in support of your activity with RIDELINES Ltd. We will do everything within our capabilities to accomodate your booking when issues arise due to such events however should you fail to attend your activity due to third party issues we are under no obligation to offer any refund or exchange of your activity.
11. INSURANCE – All participants are recommended to take out adequate insurance cover. Any such policy should cover activity participation, personal items, medical expenses, the cost of repatriation in the event of illness and cancellation by you.
12. LIMIT OF OUR LIABILITY – Our liability to you in any circumstances is limited to the total cost of your activity. We accept no responsibility for any damage or loss to your personal possessions. We are not liable for any failure to carry out the contract if the failure is a) due to the actions of a participant b) due to the actions of a third party unconnected with us or our travel and accommodation partners c) due to circumstances out-with our control and unforeseeable d) due theft or damage to bicycles or injury to you which occurs as a result of cycling on or off-road; or during transit.
13. HIRE BIKES – Advance booking is necessary in order for us to hire bikes for you. Our scheduled courses do not include the cost of hire bikes. We source hire bikes from local bike shops and do not accept any responsibility for the condition of the bikes but do expect them to be maintained to a good standard and fit for purpose. You are responsible for looking after hire bikes and must notify us of any defects as soon as possible. You are liable to the bike hirer for any loss or damages to the hire bike. You must commit to return the hire equipment in the same condition as you received it and may not sell, hire or otherwise part with the equipment during your activity.
14. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES – All types of sport involve elements of risk and discomfort, and your booking represents acceptance of this. It is imperative that you RIDE WITHIN YOUR CAPABILITIES at all times. If you are unsure of your capabilities, you must walk when you are not confident riding. It is a condition of participation that you always wear an approved safety helmet. We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation. You are responsible for keeping your bike in good working order and you must notify us of any defects as soon as possible. If you bring your own bike, you must ensure it is in good working order before commencement of the activity. We reserve the right to prevent you from participating if your bike is not in good working order. In this case we will endeavor to hire a bike for you, for which you will be responsible for the cost. You agree to abide by the authority of the leader of the group. Any leader who deems your behaviour to detrimental to the welfare of the group or you, may remove you from the group. We reserve the right to remove any person from a activity who is deemed to be acting in this manner. We will not be liable for any refund in these circumstances. You commit to attending all meeting points in good time. If you are late or fail to turn up at a given meeting point, you will be liable for costs incurred in catching up with the group. You have a contractual responsibility to act in a reasonable way for the duration of your activity. Any behaviour by you which is, in the reasonable opinion of the site owner or manager or any other person in authority, disruptive or likely to adversely affect the enjoyment of other persons, will be a breach of the contract and our obligation to provide any contracted services to you will end. We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation in activities.
15. MEDICAL – You must confirm that you are fit to participate in your chosen activity and that you have informed us of any medical conditions affecting your participation in the activity. You must notify us of any specific medication and dietary requirements at time of booking.
16. PARTICIPANTS (MINIMUM AGE RESTRICTIONS) – RIDELINES will take direct bookings for participants over the age of 16. Any person under the age of 16 can only be signed up by a parent or guardian. You must contact RIDELINES before booking anyone under 16 onto a non child specific skills course to discuss your circumstances. Participants under 16 can attend a RIDELINES family day or booked onto our specific kids courses as these products / activities are designed for under 16’s in the stated age groups. This ensures suitable ratio of supervision by a parent or guardian or tutor. Any person booking onto a non child specific skills course under 16 please contact us to discuss suitability first.
17. VOUCHERS – Vouchers are not redeemable for cash. Vouchers purchased from RIDELINES Ltd will be valid for exactly one year from the date of purchase. If you would like to change your voucher activity in any way we may be able to offer an exchange to an alternative activity, by exception and entirely at our discretion. If your voucher has reached the expiration date you will not be entitled to a refund or be entitled to redeem the voucher. We can sometimes offer an extension to the voucher redemption date, by exception and entirely at our discretion. There is likely to be an additional charge which could be up to 100% of the voucher value for any voucher redemption date extension. If we extend the redemption date we will only ever offer one extension period of a duration decided by RIDELINES Ltd, beyond this extension date your voucher will be considered to have expired and will be void. Redemption dates are subject to availability. We will endevour to redeem this on one of your preferred dates but flexibility is necessary and advanced booking is highly recommended to secure your preferred date for redemption of your voucher. If we cannot offer you your preferred redemption date we will arrange an alternative date or session
1.2 If you have any questions about your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 07817 792544
2 Collection of Information
2.1 When you access our website (www.ridelines.co.uk) (the “Website”) via any means, make an enquiry regarding our services, or make a booking in respect of our services we may collect, store and use certain of your personal information in line with this policy.
2.2 To make an enquiry via our Website, we ask for your name, address, email address and contact telephone numbers. If you contact us via email, we may also keep a record of that correspondence. This information is necessary to enable us to respond to your enquiry.
2.3 To make a booking, we ask for the information referred to in clause 2.2
2.4 We may also collect data relating to your visits to the Website that cannot identify you but records your use of our Website, for example, details of how long you have used the Website for. This information allows us to identify ways in which the Website can be improved.
2.5 Finally, we may receive information about you from third parties (such as British Cycling and other relevant cycling bodies)
3 Use of Your Information
3.1 By accessing the Website via any means, you agree that your personal information may be collected, stored, used and shared by us and our partners, or third parties we work with. For example: British cycling in the case of leadership qualifications.
(a) to establish if you satisfy the terms of our insurance.
(b) to provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the Website including by conducting anonymised market research, and to protect us and our users;
(c) to fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us;
(d) to send you details of our other products and services which we think may interest you, unless you opt out as described at paragraph 3.2 below;
(e) to tailor our advertising on social media to your use of the Website;
(f) to establish a valid contract with you and to process payments due under that contract;
(g) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements regarding your safety on our courses.
(h) to contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions and experiences of Ridelines.
(I) to share with emergency services should the need arise.
3.2 We may use your email address to send you information about our services. If you do not wish to receive such information please send a message to this effect to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 07817 792544
4 Storage of Information
4.1 All personal information provided by you and documents which we have created using the personal information you have provided (such as a Booking Confirmation Form) is stored on our secure servers. We may also retain hard copies of documents which contain your personal information at our secure office premises.
4.2 In addition, we (or third parties acting on our behalf) may also store or process information that we collect about you in countries outside the European Economic Area, which may have lower standards of data protection. Specifically, servers used by our Website are located in The UK and our third party service providers operate around the world. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information. However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
5 Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
5.1 Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
5.2 However, we will normally collect personal information from you only
(a) where we have your consent to do so;
(b) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; or
(c) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
5.3 If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
5.4 Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
6 Disclosure of Your Information
6.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties when required or permitted by law including:
(a) with your consent;
(b) to our insurers, the police or such other bodies as may be legally entitled to demand the disclosure of any personal information we may hold about you pursuant to legislation in force at the relevant time;
(c) to our file storage, email and website management services providers and our payment services provider (as discussed at paragraph 3.1 above) when we process your payment(s). These suppliers’ use of your personal data may be subject to their own privacy policies, which are available on their websites, and which we suggest you familiarise yourself with in the relevant circumstances set out above;
(f) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7 Data Retention
7.1 We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements) this includes refunds.
7.2 When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8 Your Rights
8.1 You have the following data protection rights:
(a) you can edit your personal details whenever you wish, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the form provided on the “Contact us” page on our website.
(b) you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by using the form provided on the “Contact us” page on our website.
(c) you may unsubscribe from certain email communications by informing using the form provided on the “Contact us” page on our website.
(d) If we have collected and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent;
(e) If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us using the form provided on the “Contact us” page on our website.
8.2 You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
8.3 The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
9.1 We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 13 years of age.
12 Contacting Ridelines
Ridelines Mountain Bike Tuition
33 Miller Street
TEL: 07817 792544
or transfer your voucher to be valid to redeem against another product with your agreement or provide an extention to the voucher redemption date.
By booking any activity with RIDELINES Ltd you accept that you have read and understood these terms and conditions.