Develop your leadership to extend to remote and technical terrain.
British Cycling Level 3 Mountain Bike Leadership. The Level 3 Leadership course has been developed with strong leadership and progressive instructor skills in mind. We are providers of these internationally recognised mountain bike leadership awards. Part of the British, Scottish and Welsh Cycling national programme for mountain bike leadership qualifications. Additional to the level 3 award, we also deliver training and assessment for levels 1 and 2. If you want more details on why you should come to Ridelines for your MBLA training or assessment, you can read more in our short blog here.
Qualified leaders at this level will need to be proficient in all areas of mountain bike leadership. The three-day training course also builds upon the skills and knowledge gained at Level 2, with specific topics covered in more depth too.
DEVELOPING LEADERS, DELIVERING INDUSTRY BEST PRACTICE
We have access to great local trails and remote terrain coupled with suitably technical riding challenges and a great base for the duration of the course. Our carefully developed courses will make sure you progress over the 3 days. You’ll get the tools to manage and assess your group in a number of areas. In addition it will ensure that your own technical riding skills are up to scratch to meet the award assessment challenges. Our training and assessments are undertaken on a variety of natural terrain in and around the Tweed Valley. Classroom location and course details will be provided on booking.
AM I READY FOR THE TRAINING OR ASSESSMENT?
To attend the training, you will need to:
- All candidates for level 3 must be at least 18-years-old or over.
- Candidates must be well practised and fully qualified in the Level 2 Mountain Bike Leadership Award. (or TCL or MBL Awards as appropriate)
- be a fit and committed mountain biker prepared to ride all day. All of this in challenging, up to black-graded terrain. Therefore you should be able to do this with energy in reserve in order to demonstrate appropriate levels of fitness.
- be a skilful rider overall, competent at negotiating the typical trail features found in Level 3 terrain. Also riding without reservation where obvious line choices and rollable options are often not available. Required techniques include step-up, bunny-hop and drop-off skills.
- be comfortable with reading a map For example, taking bearings, basic relocation and using these skills to create flow in a trail environment.
- have a working knowledge of the variety of mechanical systems on current mountain bikes and a desire to increase this knowledge.
- hold a current two-day outdoor First Aid certificate.
Finally, if you want to talk through your suitability for this British Cycling Level 3 Mountain Bike Leadership course before applying, contact us and we’ll be happy to discuss your questions.
All Candidates must register with British Cycling Leadership Award Scheme before undertaking the awards.
COSTS & DETAILS
British Cycling Level 3 – 3 day Training: £320
British Cycling Level 3 – 2 day Assessment: £240