Let us help you understand and use your MTB suspension to it’s full potential.
Ridelines Mountain Bike Suspension Setup Course. Held at Ridelines HQ, Innerleithen. Most people find an acceptable balance with their suspension units. It seems to work ok and it definitely works better than having none. But could you improve your setup with just a little more knowledge? If so than this course is for you. We’ll cover the fundamentals of good suspension settings and how you can tune them to your own preference with good baseline settings then move out onto the trail to sweat the small stuff with some trail laps and adjustments.
On our MTB Suspension Setup Day Course we’ll cover the following.
Mountain Bike Suspension Setup Course. A morning in the classroom:
- De-mystifying suspension jargon.
- A tour around common suspension adjustments and what they do.
- How to make these adjustments and how affect our grip and braking.
- Learn how sag affects the ride and how we should set it.
- get to grips with air volume and volume spacers affect your travel behaviour.
- How compression and rebound damping affects the ride.
- Focus on how rider position can affect your setup
Mountain Bike Suspension Setup Course: An afternoon in the workshop and on the trail:
- We’ll identify where you can make adjustments on your own suspension units.
- You will then perform a full baseline setup on your own bike.
- Then head out on the trail for some test laps.
- A short practical coaching session on correct body position.
- We’ll make then adjustments to your setup as we make more laps.
- Make a record of adjustments on our custom lap cards.
What should you bring to our suspension setup course?
We have everything you need to set up your bike at Ridelines HQ, however you may get even more value from the course if you buy and learn to use your own gear or consider bringing some of the things in the list below.
Please bring the stuff following with you:
- A serviceable, well maintained mountain bike with adjustable suspension on the front or both ends.
- All the gear you’d go out on a trail ride with.
- Lots of questions!
- Our standard rider kit list which you can find in the joining instructions.
Optional stuff for you to bring with you.
- A suspension or “shock” pump.
- Any fork volume spacers or “tokens” you may have. If you have none, consider buying some before you come.
Why can we offer this course? Ridelines are educators. We’re Tutors for British Cycling’s Mountain Bike Leadership program as well as Cycling Scotlands Go MTB program. We know how to communicate. We have over 30 years experience in cycle retail, product testing and customer service. Our tutors have built and set up 1000’s of bikes for customers as well as worked directly with major companies and manufacturers on pipeline products, product development, first looks, press launches, bike dealer exclusive releases and events. We have also undergone 100’s of hours of product training from dozens of cycle industry product distributors and manufacturers.
If you have any questions regarding our MTB Suspension Setup Day Course please contact us. You can also check out the course joining instructions in advance here. We take care in building our courses for you and we’ll sure you’ll love this one. Though if you have any suggestions on what we could include in our courses or any feedback on them afterwards we’d be glad to hear it.