Get back to basics with our short winter courses.
Winter is the perfect time to dial in the basics. With colder weather and shorter days, riding time can be limited. So we’re bringing in some short skills sessions to get you up to speed with the core skills that every mountain biker needs to tackle trails with confidence!
What we cover on our Back to Basics Cornering Session:
- Advanced body positioning.
- Fundamentals of weight distribution and grip through bike-body separation.
- Line choice for predictable and efficient flow on the trails.
- Braking techniques to set up for confident, controlled entry and exit.
- How to pump the trail to save energy, create grip & momentum.
What we cover on our Back to Basics Rocks, Roots & Chutes Session:
- Riding off-camber terrain & technical features.
- Tips and techniques for negotiating roots, rocks and uneven terrain.
- Riding narrow, loose, steeper trails.
- Linking techniques on the trail to boost speed and flow
- Fundamentals of weight distribution for different trail conditions.
What we cover on our Back to Basics Manuals, Hops & Drops Session:
- Techniques for front wheel lifts and trail manuals.
- Squashing and neutralising trail features.
- Different hopping techniques and how to apply them to different features.
- Squashing drop offs for grip.
- Flying off drop-offs for trail flow and momentum.
These sessions are 4 hours long. Plenty of time to get the learning locked in and get you out on the trail to work on your riding. If you have any questions about our Back to Basic Winter session please contact us.
This is an adult group course. You must be 18 or over to take part.