EXPLORE THE BIG COUNTRY RIDING BEYOND THE TRAIL CENTRES
Leave behind the greens, blues, reds and blacks in favour of the colours, sights and sounds of the surrounding Tweed Valley. We’ll take you on an adventure around the area that surrounds Peebles and Innerleithen on a challenging, traditional style mountain bike ride. Not too far, not too technical, but very rewarding.
If you’re coming on holiday, a day trip with friends just looking to go on a ride that reveals new trails and opportunities to ride something outside the trail centre environment, then this is for you. We’ll lay on a local guide that will cater for your every need and take you safely round a mystery route specially planned to make the most of your day. We’ll even throw in a packed lunch with coffee and cake upon our triumphant return to Glentress!
Here’s what you’ll need to bring along. (we can arrange bikes at extra cost)
- You’ll need a well fitting, good quality mountain bike in serviceable condition.
- You’ll need a good quality, well fitting cycling helmet.
- You’ll need to wear appropriate clothing & footwear for the conditions.
- We recommend that you wear full fingered gloves, protective eyewear and a waterproof jacket.
- Plenty of water and any snacks you feel appropriate.
The Tweed Valley Explorer (TVE) routes are generally around 30km – 35km long with long climbs and descents thrown in. This means you will have to have a good level of fitness to take part. Take a look at some prerequisites we recommend before considering a TVE ride.
- You should be at least 16 years old.
- You should have a good level of fitness on a mountain bike.
- You should be very comfortable on blue trails and riding reds with regularity.
- You should have a good idea of your energy levels during the activity.
You don’t have to be able to read a map, but we might show you one? Our experienced guides will lead the way and make sure you take in the local sights as well as the best natural routes available.